Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Gettysburg Twilight. . .

The General Warren Monument
Little Round Top


I was growing just a little bit restless earlier tonight, so I decided to take a drive out to the battlefield. The town of Gettysburg was busy, with Ghost Tours being conducted on seemingly every street corner. The battlefield, however, was nearly empty with only a few visitors enjoying the sights Gettysburg has to offer after the sun goes down. I had my camera with me so I clicked a few photographs of some of the monuments near the Round Tops.
* * * * * * * * * *
The First Vermont Brigade
(2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Vermont Infantry)
Eastern Base of Little Round Top
* * * * * * * * * *
38th Pennsylvania Infantry
(9th PA Reserves)
* * * * * * * * * *
Colonel Strong Vincent Monument
Atop the 83rd Pennsylvania Infantry Monument
* * * * * * * * * *
20th Maine Infantry
(I was surprised to find myself alone at this monument. . .for once since 1993)

* * * * * * * * * *

155th Pennsylvania Infantry Monument
* * * * * * * * * *
39th Pennsylvania Infantry
(10th PA Reserves)
{Note: This is one of my favorite monuments on the battlefield, so I took a few photographs. It seems I wasn't alone. . . }

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John - Seems not all the ghosts took the tour Thursday night!! A dark & lonely night on the round tops - Hope the spirit was friendly. Nice job! Colleen

Anonymous said...

Hoptak, were you in the park after it closed?

Jenny said...

I love the First Vermont Brigade "Lion." That is a very cool picture.