Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What's the buzz. . .? Tell me what's happenin'. . .

This Saturday will mark one month since I went public with my effort to restore the 48th PA monument at Antietam, and so far I could not be happier with the results. Indeed, I am thrilled.
Stories about the "monumental" undertaking have appeared in the Call, serving southern Schuylkill County, the Pottsville Republican/Evening Herald, and the Civil War News, not to mention several web/blog sites, including Civil War Interactive, Bull Runnings, Antietam On The Web, Blogging Union Blue, and so on. I am still hoping to get the word out to other venues. Here is a link to the story that ran in the Pottsville paper this past Monday: http://www.republicanherald.com/articles/2008/04/28/news/local_news/doc4815ded16b517163409806.txt

As it stands right now, over $900.00 has been raised, which, with the matching donation from the Western Maryland Interpretative Association, doubles the amount to over $1,800.00. To those who have donated, I cannot thank you enough for your kindness and generosity. We're already over a quarter of the way there . . .

No comments: