Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's That Time of Year Again!

Looking for a great gift for that Civil War enthusiast in your family? Want to treat yourself to a week chock full of all things Civil War?

Then I know of just the thing for you.

The Chambersburg Civil War Seminars & Tours is offering a five-day, extensive look at the battle of Gettysburg to take place on July 23-27. Antietam Park Historian Ted Alexander orchestrates these incredible--and highly educational--seminars each year, and this year's Gettysburg event, which coincides with the battle's 145th Anniversary, promises to be a good one. A brief blurb of the event from the Chambersburg CWST website describes this upcoming seminar as: "5 days of tours, talks, panels and other special events, including a visit to the new Gettysburg Visitors Center. Featuring Ed Bearss, Kent Masterson Brown, Pat Falci, Gary Kross, Wayne Motts, Andy Waskie, Jeffry Wert, Eric Wittenberg, and others. Tours include Stuart's Ride to Gettysburg, Eisenhower's Gettysburg, and the Making of the Movie "Gettysburg" and much more."

I was fortunate enough last year to be included in Ted's Antietam seminar, which was a great thrill.

For more information, please visit: http://www.chambersburgcivilwarseminars.org

So, if you've received your economic stimulus check and are not quite sure how to spend it. . . then let me suggest you register for this star-studded event.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go! - oh wait. I forgot.

John C. Nicholas

John David Hoptak said...

John. . .what a difference a year makes, eh?

Hey. . .by the way, I wanted to thank you for your very (and I mean VERY) generous donation. I always knew you were pretty cool; but, boy, did you just confirm it.

Seriously, though, Thank You.

John

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm a workin' man again. The crazy thing is they are paying to do this stuff, but remember I do it at Antietam for free!

John C. Nicholas