Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Antietam: Union Advance Trail Guide Now Available

I had the great privilege of working with Ranger Keith Snyder in writing and developing the new Union Advance Trail guide at Antietam. This booklet/guide follows the action of Federal 9th Corps units in their attempts at carrying the Burnside Bridge, including the attack of the 2nd Maryland and 6th New Hampshire of General James Nagle's brigade. If interested, you can pick up a copy at the Antietam Museum Store or simply click here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

John is there any word when they'll begin clearing the Piper Farm Lane and the areas around the Otto Farm?

John C. Nicholas

John David Hoptak said...

Hey John
Hope all is well. Still no word. . at least none I am aware of.

Anonymous said...

Those trails are outstanding ideas there at Antietam! I was there in April and did the Cornfield/East Woods trail as well as the 9th Corps Final Advance trail (which was my fav of the two). After coming there since 1986 I got to see whole new areas from a whole new perspective! Congrats to those responsible, and thanks!

imstillaguy said...

I have just recently-in the last two months-become very interested in the civil war. I recently visited Shiloh, and it was a life changing experience for me.

I love the blog, and look forward to reading more.

danny said...

Cool blog:)

markerhunter said...

Last year during the anniversary hikes, I was with a group led by Keith on that trail. I'm finally glad this portion of the battlefield is more accessible.