Saturday, August 30, 2008

That's Professor Hoptak. . .


OK, Adjunct Professor Hoptak. . .

Several months back I mentioned that I was hired as an adjunct professor of history at American Military University. . .an accredited, on-line university that caters primarily to our men and women in uniform.

Just a brief update. . .I'll be starting my virtual teaching career in October, teaching American History I courses to start. It promises to be interesting, since all my previous experience as a teacher has been in actual, brick and mortar schools. So now, as I hang up my ranger hat for the summer and go back to a reduced work schedule at Antietam, I will be preparing syllabi, drafting class notes and assignments, preparing examinations, and re-entering the world of teaching. . .only this time, from the comfort of my home and probably in my p.j.'s. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you John.

John C. Nicholas

Anonymous said...

John,

I look forward to reading about your adventures as a professor. I just received my master's at APU.

Larry F.