Monday, May 4, 2009

Pleasant Surprises

Been under the weather the past two days with a sore throat and earache. . .having gone through strep throat once in my life, which I never hope to experience again, I am taking some preventive measures to make sure my cold does not become any worse. Rain was the order of the day today at the park and, accordingly, the number of visitors was down. . way down; my 3:30 Orientation Program was attended by just five people. But on this otherwise gloomy day, I had a few pleasant surprises. First, I noticed that Brett Schulte, who maintains one of my favorite blogs, TOCWOC (The Order of the Civil War Obsessively Compulsed), included my site as among his Top Ten favorite blogs. Thanks, Brett!
Returning home after what seemed like an extra-long commute, I was pleased once more, this time by seeing that the July 2009 Issue of America's Civil War had arrived in the mail. In addition to an update on my Nagle Sword Restoration project and a great article by Kim O'Connell on Witness Trees (inlcuding several at Antietam), this particular issue features a biography I penned on the life and ill-fated service of Confederate colonel Andrew Jackson Grigsby of the Stonewall Brigade.
Head on out and pick up a copy!

1 comment:

Brett Schulte (TOCWOC - A Civil War Blog) said...

John,

You're welcome! Keep up the good work and get better. I had strep throat several years ago and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.